Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Well its been almost three weeks now that I´ve been here! wow! Everything is starting to become more familiar now, the daily rutine of my host family, school, and the way of life here. I am still not adjusted to the time difference though, or maybe I am just tired out from so much coming at me. Part of the rutine includes walking going out for lunch with friends on the days we have afternoon classes. This usually means fast food, and so I ended up eating Mcdonalds for the first time in my life! I think it was different from the Mcdonalds in the US though, and healthier too.
Carnaval was a good time last week. There is a club across the street and there was a huge party the opening day an the closing day of Carnaval. There were two rooms, one with more traditional Brazilian music, like Samba, and the other with a DJ. There are pictures of both in my last post. The Brazilian music was really good and danceable and I enjoyed it because I could just dance and be with everyone without having to try communicating with the barrier of the language difference. Everything here happens late on weekends, me and my host brother didnt even go out to the club until 11:00, and we were some of the early people! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment