Friday, February 20, 2009

Well I´ve made it through my first week of school! For it only being a week I feel like I´ve come pretty far. In the beginning I was really shy and didnt talk much, but then when this girl Jessica, for the second time, asked me why I was so quite I realized that I needed to be more outgoing. Im a total stranger here and a foriegner and I need to take advantage of that. I can choose any personality I desire if I want to, and they won´t know if its the "real" me or not. So I applied that thinking and I think that it has benifited me greatly. Ive made a fool of myself a few times, but that´s all part of the experience!
I got to play soccer for the first time today! Here in Brazil they play a game called futsal, which is soccer indoors on a small court. It has a few different rules, but its still soccer (futebol they call it here). It was a good experience because it was a way for me to make new friends without having to talk. Also I just love soccer so it was just fun.
It´s Carneval here right now, a huge holiday and I think that my family and me are going to go somewhere for the weekend, though I´m not sure where! I´ll have stories when we return though I´m sure!
Tchao, boa noite
Tahoma

No comments:

Post a Comment